Your work days are brighter here.
At Workday, it all began with a conversation over breakfast. When our founders met at a sunny California diner, they came up with an idea to revolutionize the enterprise software market. And when we began to rise, one thing that really set us apart was our culture. A culture which was driven by our value of putting our people first. And ever since, the happiness, development, and contribution of every Workmate is central to who we are. Our Workmates believe a healthy employee-centric, collaborative culture is the essential mix of ingredients for success in business. That’s why we look after our people, communities and the planet while still being profitable. Feel encouraged to shine, however that manifests: you don’t need to hide who you are. You can feel the energy and the passion, it’s what makes us unique. Inspired to make a brighter work day for all and transform with us to the next stage of our growth journey? Bring your brightest version of you and have a brighter work day here.
About the Team
Digital Adoption is an emerging innovation space in the software industry, which strives to let end-users fully embrace products rather than just simply use them. This field is fuelled by recent technological advances in machine learning, allowing software products to become context aware and adapted to the needs of individual users. Workday is investing in Digital Adoption as part of a strong continued focus on providing a top-class user experience for its customers.
As a result of this investment, we are recruiting an expert Senior Frontend Developer to join a recently formed development team in our UI Platform group in Dublin. This group is tasked with building the end user-facing layers of the Workday products.
About the Role
The role we are recruiting for is a frontend role, crafting the rich web applications exposed directly to 60M+ end users.
Modern technologies are used to ensure that our products have the best possible user experience. We have a tech stack based on Java in the backend with frontends developed in React. Our CI/CD processes enable us to ship software to production every week and get valuable early feedback from customers.
Developing for scale is something that has been part of Workdays DNA from the beginning, and we are serving employees in over 50% of the Fortune 500 companies worldwide, using a fully cloud based solution with one single code line.
For this role, we are looking for a self-starter who has the experience to drive complex initiatives without being given detailed direction and is able to provide technical guidance and mentoring to the more junior team members.
- Work in a multi-disciplinary scrum team. Define, build, deploy and own new features
- Collaborate with visual and interaction designers to craft the UI of the product
- Drive technical design and architecture meetings with the team and perform peer code reviews
- Demonstrate technical awareness, vision and influencing skills in your interactions with the people outside your immediate team/org
- And finally: Have fun engineering software!
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher, preferably Computer Science/Engineering
- 5+ years’ experience developing software in a commercial environment
- 3+ years’ experience in developing web applications in HTML5/CSS/JS using frameworks/libraries
- 2+ years’ experience in developing web applications in React
- Proven track record to work in an agile, fast paced continuous delivery environment
- A passion for innovation and ability to contribute to shaping the technical and product roadmaps
- Some backend experience or a curiosity about venturing into the backend when needed to take on end-to-end problems would be a plus but is not essential
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!