ABOUT THE ROLE
At Outmin, we are empowering small and medium businesses to focus on growing their core business by delivering accounting, financial management, and administrative products and services that are designed to provide both peace of mind and a competitive advantage to our customers.
As an Accounting Manager, you will be in charge of leading the team of accountants and bookkeepers to ensure they are delighting our customers. You will also focus on growing and professionally developing the team. This is a challenging position that requires strong leadership skills, people management experience, problem-solving skills, and an understanding of accounting. In this role, you will also be responsible for working with a software team to improve your workflow and system tools. If you are also driven & have a ‘get stuff done’ attitude, you will be ideally suited to helping us change the bookkeeping and accounting industry for SMEs.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Act as a liaison between Outmin Leadership Team & the accounting team leads.
- Managing the team’s workload and ensuring that deadlines are met.
- Providing leadership and guidance to the team.
- Monitoring and reviewing the team’s performance, providing feedback and coaching as needed.
- Ensuring that the team is up-to-date with industry and regulatory changes, and ensure they adhere to relevant regulations and standards.
- Promoting a positive and collaborative team culture, fostering communication and teamwork among team members.
- Conducting regular performance reviews and appraisals. Providing support for career development and growth, including training and development.
- Identifying and addressing any issues or challenges that arise within the team or with clients, and taking appropriate actions to resolve them.
- Liaise with the product and software development teams to identify areas of improvement to optimise your workflow
- Building and maintaining relationships with clients and stakeholders, and ensuring that the team delivers high-quality services that meet their needs.
- Developing and implementing strategies to grow the team’s business, including identifying new opportunities and markets.
- Managing budgets and finances, including setting financial goals, monitoring expenses, and reporting on financial performance.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 4+ years of management experience in a small or medium practice
- ACA or ACCA accounting qualification
- Excellent communication skills, in particular helping clients understand the accounting issues that their businesses face
- Comfortable using modern online productivity toolings such as Google Drive and Sheets
- The capacity to work at a high level under pressure and the ability to meet deadlines to the standard required by startups
- Honesty and discretion as you will be handling confidential information.
- A methodical, thorough and analytical approach.
Nice to have:
- Experience in the FinTech industry
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Experience of multiple accounting territories / countries
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
- The ability to clearly communicate system optimisations to the Outmin engineering team
- A genuine interest in business and finance.
WHAT WE OFFER
When you join the Outmin Team, we offer the following benefits:
- Fully paid Group Health Cover for you and your immediate family
- 25 days paid holidays per year (22 days flexible and 3 set company days)
- Management approved education and career development support
- Gym Benefit
- Bike to Work and Tax Saver schemes
- Pension Scheme with 5% company matching
- Generous ESOP Scheme